This is an exciting new role, created to enhance the quality of service we provide to our clients through accurate and timely billing. This new role will improve the performance of MFS as quicker and more accurate billing means better cash flow and fewer credit notes. You will be part of the Account Billing Team in which professionalism and efficiency is imperative.
On a day-to-day basis, you’ll be working closely with the Client Account Management and finance teams to ensure accurate and efficient billing of all activity related to client fulfilment on a monthly basis.
- Develop and maintain a full understanding of the contract terms for your clients including identifying activities undertaken for the client, the pricing schedule, carriage rates, and the source of information for each item to be billed
- Prepare invoices and supporting backing sheets
- Liaise with internal stakeholders to ensure that client invoice queries are responded to and dealt with quickly and efficiently
- Where appropriate, escalate significant billing issues to the Group Financial Controller and relevant Account Manager without delay
- Monitor account balances to ensure amounts owed are paid on time, and where appropriate escalate non payment of accounts through the correct channels
- Work to continually improve the billing process, through liaison with operations and IT teams
- Ensure billing processes are set up and approved for new clients prior to go live
- Take full ownership and accountability for reducing revenue leakage
What are we looking for?
- Excellent communication skills for client interaction and engagement
- Good, clear and concise communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Great organisational skills with proven ability to prioritise workload and meet deadlines
- Competence with Excel
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and with excellent interpersonal skills
What can we offer you?
- 25 days holiday
- An additional days holiday on your birthday*
- Free onsite parking and hot drinks
- Free electric vehicle charging points
- Company Pension Scheme with Employer Contributions
- Discount packages with over 800 retailers e.g. shopping, utilities and leisure
- Employee Assistance programme (giving completely confidential care, support and advice when you need it 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.)
If this sounds like you, hit apply – we’d love to hear from you!
*subject to qualifying period
Our offices have limited links to public transport, so it would be great if you have a UK driving licence.