Our Sustainability approach
- We deliver ENVIRONMENTALLY RESPONSIBLE business process oursourcing solutions to the eCommerce and Not-for-Profit sectors
- Our ENVIRONMENTAL COMMITMENT extends from root to branch
- We are focused on reducing our CARBON FOOTPRINT
- And committed to ELIMINATING UNSUSTAINABLE PACKAGING
We recognise that our day-to-day business activities impact our environment in both positive and negative ways. We take our responsibility to proactively mitigate any harmful effects extremely seriously. Your clients demand sustainability at every touchpoint of the customer journey – and our fulfilment and response solutions deliver this.
Our commitment to our environment looks like this
- 400 Solar Panels On Distribution Centre Roof
- 33% Energy Needs Met By Solar Power
- 150kw Of Power Produced On Site
- 28-Acre Wildlife Reserve
- 12,000 Trees
- 25 Acres Of Wildflowers
- Rainwater Harvesting Feeds Onsite Lake
- Protecting the greater crested newt
- Creating an ecosystem for insects and wildlife
- Biodegradable packaging
- Recycle and reuse waste onsite
- Committed to reducing and eliminating plastic
And the list goes on...
- 20 electric car charging points in staff carpark
- Car sharing encouraged and many of our staff share lifts
- Registered bike-to-work scheme
- We select partners who are strong on environmental responsibility eg Royal Mail and Parcel Force who were early adopters of the Carbon Trust Standard, and Parcel Force have an ongoing commitment to reduce UKPIL emissions
- Low energy induction and LED lighting across all offices, warehousing and site exterior
- Passive infrared sensors in warehouse aisles
- Sustainable lighting measures reduces electricity usage by 75%
- Electricity reduction messaging maintained across site
- Adopted City of York Council’s ‘Yorwaste’ recycling scheme
- Printer cartridges recycled
- Cardboard waste shredded, recycled and reused on site
Accreditations & Certifications
- Mosaic Code of Conduct codifies our ethics, corporate social responsibility, and environmental position, and these policies are reinforced during staff induction and our staff handbook
- Mosaic’s supplier assessment process is part of our ISO 9001:2015 BAS accreditation, and approved suppliers must meet our strict operational, environmental and sustainability standards
- Packaging strategy is based on refuse, reduce, reuse, recycle and reform, and suppliers are selected on these criteria
- Digital print room services achieved Forestry Stewardship Council (FSC) accreditation
- Soil Association Certification
- In the process of implementing ISO 14001, to include development of an EMS (Environment Management System) and reporting on waste management, environmental impact of all activities (and those of our clients) and full carbon impact assessments on site. We will achieve this accreditation during 2022
Our commitment to sustainable packaging looks like this
- Biodegradable packaging:
- Cardboard and paper dispatch notes that are FSC® or PEFC® certified and 100% recyclable
- Plastic-free mailing bags made from paper starch
- Eco-friendly paper padded bags
- Paper-based tape
- Recycling and reusing waste onsite
- Committed to reducing and eliminating plastic, specialist cardboard shredder and bailer being introduced in 2022, to replace plastic air pillows, bubble wrap and polystyrene void-fill with recycled shredded cardboard waste
- Increased use of multi crease boxes reduces need for void fill where possible
Green packaging, your way
From our wide selection of environmentally friendly eCommerce packaging, you can select whichever stock outer packaging you need, and you only pay for what you use. You can also choose from premium white or natural, eco-friendly brown, or kraft finish.
Alternatively, we can help you procure your own bespoke, branded packaging eg for pack fulfilment and subscription boxes. We can store these in our warehouse, ready for packing and shipping your orders.
Fairtrade, Ethical, Eco Friendly or Vegan. No problem
We understand that many of our clients have specific requirements when it comes to sustainability and ethics, and we have years of experience in meeting these precise requirements – whether that is Fairtrade, Ethical, Eco-Friendly, Vegan or other.
We will work with you to understand what your business or organisation needs, and we will provide the sustainable solutions that you and your customers rightly demand.
Our dedicated Account Management team will work with you on the best packaging options for your requirements, ensuring your customers receive their goods in tip-top condition, without costing the earth.
Get in touch today to find out how you can switch to ethical eCommerce packaging that's as scalable and efficient as it is environmentally friendly.