The countdown is on!
As sports enthusiasts here at Mosaic Fulfilment Solutions, we can’t wait for the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 kick off on Sunday November 20 at the Al Bayt Stadium. We can all look forward to 28 days of glorious football in the run up to Christmas, with the Final taking place on Sunday December 18 at the Lusail Iconic Stadium.
Providing some welcome respite from the cold winter nights, the draw dates and key tournament information have been set out by Sky Sports in this handy guide here. The BBC have also drawn up a full guide of fixtures and TV information.
- This is the first World Cup to be held outside the northern hemisphere summer
- The largest stadium of World Cup 2022 is Lusail Iconic Stadium which has a capacity of 80,000
- Brazil has won more World Cup titles than any other country
- The average number of goals scored per World Cup game in 2018 was 2.6
- Two-thirds of the World Cup’s market value comes from Europe according to Statista.com, with the highest valued team being England
- The highest valued player in the World Cup is Paris Saint-Germain’s Kylian Mbappé
- Cristiano Ronaldo scored 30 goals in 38 games in the qualifying rounds for the World Cup
- The 211 countries participating in the 2022 World Cup qualifying rounds is a new record. The previous record was 203 football countries for the 2014 World Cup
- Ireland, Luxembourg and Portugal are the only countries that have played the qualifiers for all 19 World Cups
- Germany is the most successful country in the qualifying rounds. The Germans lost only 2 of the 84 games, both at home against Portugal (1985) and England (2001)
- The match with the most spectators was in 1954 between Brazil and Paraguay with 170,000 attending the match
- The most visited European qualification match was also in 1954 between Scotland and England with 134,544 attending the game
- Cost for a Category 1 ticket in this year’s Final is approximately £1,422
Test your knowledge with more fun World Cup Statistics here.
We are sports brand e-commerce fulfilment experts, working with clients who are at the very top of their game including premiership league football teams. We’re passionate about our sports and football here at Mosaic Fulfilment Solutions and we’d love to talk to you about how we can take your sports brand to another level – contact us today for a free 30-minute discovery call.
You can also find more information on our sports-specialist solutions here.