Fulfilment and Client Response Software Solutions, Designed by ‘Geeks’ For Real-World Business Growth
Mosaic is a tech-driven, highly innovative fulfilment solutions company founded in 2009 by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs who are looking to grow their e-commerce business. Mosaic also delivers client response solutions to help charitable and non-charitable organisations thrive and increase their impact.
Roll on twelve years and Mosaic has grown. We now have over 100 clients in our portfolio and many of these are household names whose online businesses have also grown exponentially. Mosaic’s success is your success!
As entrepreneurs, Mosaic’s founders have the experience and expertise to understand your pain points perfectly and they know how important it is for you to get ahead and stay ahead of the e-commerce pack. Mosaic looks to smooth your spikes and to boost your growth exponentially through its superior technology and proactive, motivated staff who are experts in the field.
At Mosaic we invest heavily in our technology: we have the latest warehouse management systems in place in our 150,000 sq ft distribution centre; we have developed our own IT Ecosystem and Online Portal called MiWorld™, and our bespoke and off-the-shelf SaaS products are written and managed in house by our team of 16 software developers based at York University Science Park.
Mosaic’s CEO Duncan Marrison said:
"My brief to our IT developers is quite simple. It is to deliver the best client solutions in the fulfilment and client response sectors. We do not just fix our clients’ current issues, we also anticipate trends and solve future issues which clients may not even have considered yet. We help our clients scale painlessly, insulating them from issues which we know would otherwise affect their growth and profitability."
Chief Executive Officer
But don’t just take our word for it. We visited the IT Developer team recently on York University’s campus to see what they had to say about their work. Interestingly, we spoke to each of them separately without revealing the questions beforehand. The uniformity of their responses was fascinating, revealing a team whose values, purpose, vision and drive were totally aligned.
Did they speak in ‘geek’? No. Did they think outside the box? Most definitely. Were they real-world human beings and not IT machines? Absolutely. In this blog, one of a series, we catch up with Ed, Head of Development. Read on to discover more.
“The Resolution team fixes our clients’ everyday issues…”
We are split into three sub-teams here in The Catalyst so that we can focus in granular detail on our clients’ different needs:
- The Enhancements team delivers a smooth onboarding journey for the client, working in conjunction with our other experts in the business to ensure a smooth transition and a flying start.
- The Resolution team fixes a clients everyday issues. The role involves fixing real-world, live issues and front-facing client contact. This team’s biggest challenge is correctly interpreting the issue so that the best fix is applied. This requires commercial astuteness, flexible thinking, great communication skills and a ‘big business’ mindset.
- The Innovation team works on our IT Ecosystem and Online Portal MiWorld™, developing superior, high-level software solutions designed with our clients’ needs in mind.
Head of Development
Ed’s Commercial Background:
I have a degree in computing and, before moving to Mosaic four years ago, I worked in a range of fast-moving industries including fast foods and fast fashion. As an SQL developer, I have a solid foundation in providing data-driven commercial solutions to fast-paced companies including Boohoo, XCM and Great Rail Journeys. The work was speedy, with crazy volumes.
I joined Mosaic as a developer and was quickly promoted to Lead Developer, then Head of Development – my current position.
The Bridge Between Development and Business Needs:
My job is to interpret a clients business needs and to deliver IT developments which meet those needs. This can involve translating innovative concepts into plain English so the client can understand, embrace and capitalize upon the benefits and end-results our technology delivers.
What Makes Mosaic Better Than Its Competitors:
- Our technology is cutting edge. We are best in class at every touchpoint, our provision is comprehensive and we are way ahead of the curve
- Flexibility is built into our teams and our thinking
- We are more than a fulfilment solutions and client response company; we deliver superior data analytics, insights and reporting to our clients via our own IT ecosystem MiWorld™ and online Customer Portal
How Mosaic’s Approach Benefits the Client:
- State-of-the-art, off-the-shelf standardised packages
- Our product-driven development provides value for money and is fast to implement
- Bespoke packages are possible in addition to off-the-shelf
- Understanding future trends is our business. We constantly monitor the market and remove potential obstacles before they get the chance to affect the clients business. We solve future problems before clients realise they even existed
What Ed likes most about Mosaic:
Mosaic has mushroomed in the four years I have worked there. Opportunities for me to grow my career have been incredible. It’s also been excellent for my personal growth.
The team and I thrive on the fast pace and positive pressure. The amount of development work I can achieve and get actioned is amazing. It’s not just about talk, in this job I have learned by doing and delivering.
The business is there and there is always work to be done. We never rest on our laurels.
I feel lucky to have visibility and recognition for a job well done and I do feel appreciated. I have been given the exposure, responsibility, and accountability to go with this.
I am clear on how I deliver return on investment to Mosaic and our clients, and that gives me great job satisfaction.
My colleagues help me succeed – we work hard, we play hard. We’re a team. We whiteboard problems and we get into each other’s heads! We play board games every Wednesday after work too, and this activity has helped build and cement our positive culture and professional relationship as a team.
I’m a good communicator with a solid commercial background and this informs the way I head up the team. I understand business needs and the quick wins needed to bring return on investment to the client quickly.
What makes Ed ‘Ed’:
My passion in life is dogs! My mum has several show dogs including three German short-haired pointers, 2 Labradors and 1 Rottweiler.
It is a joke in our family that my mum had children to look after the dogs.
For more information on our software solutions for e-commerce and client response, please contact us today on www.mosaicfs.com/contact-us
Mosaic Fulfilment Solutions, York House, Wetherby Road, York YO26 7NH
Tel: 01904 202140